Founded in 1929; Headquartered in Chennai, India
Most preferred OE manufacturer and supplier for global auto majors
Manufactures Steering and Suspension systems, Friction materials, Valve train components, Occupant safety systems and Die-casting products
Group Sales of INR 4,400 Cr (~USD 680 mn)
Serves a variety of industry segments: Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Farm Tractors, Two-wheelers,Three-wheelers, Railways and Stationary Engines
Rane group partners with a wide spectrum of auto majors to provide concept to product solutions. This is made possible by well integrated design, manufacturing & testing facilities at each of the group companies.
Modern Manufacturing Facilities
Product Development & Testing Capabilities
From a distributor of automobiles and auto components, to the winner of the most coveted quality awards for manufacturing, our journey has crossed many memorable milestones. More are yet to come…
- 1929 – Founded as a distributor of automobiles and spare parts
- 1936 – Incorporated as a public Ltd company
- Started manufacturing IC Engine Valves, Tie Rod Ends, Friction Material Products and Manual Steering Gears
- Established JV with TRW and NSK to offer power steering systems, occupant restraint systems and energy absorbing steering columns
- TQM Journey with Deming Grand Prize for 3 companies and Deming Prize for 4 companies
- Started manufacturing high pressure aluminium die cast products, electric power steering and airbags
- Expanded to Aerospace and Defence sector with strategic stake in SasMos HET Technologies
- Established Rane Auto Parts
- Expanded footprint in USA with the acquisition of Precision Die Casting Inc
Total Quality Management (TQM) –
A Way of Life
Rane Group companies adopted Total Quality Management (TQM) in the year 2000. TQM is the foundation for Operational excellence.
Benefits of TQM Practices
At Rane group, pursuing excellence is a continuous journey. Conferment of Deming Prize for 4 companies and Deming Grand Prize – formerly known as Japan Quality Medal (JQM) for 3 companies is an embodiment of successful implementation of TQM practices.
2003 – Rane Brake Lining Ltd.
2005 – Rane Engine Valve Ltd.
2005 – Rane TRW Steering Systems Pvt. Ltd. (SGD)
2007 – Rane (Madras) Ltd.
Deming Grand Prize (formerly JQM)
2011 – Rane TRW Steering Systems Pvt. Ltd. (SGD)
2012 – Rane (Madras) Ltd.
2013 – Rane Brake Lining Ltd.
ACCOLADES FROM CUSTOMERS
Maruti Suzuki India Limited – Vendor Rating Improvement Award : Rane Engine Valve Limited
Ashok Leyland Limited – Best Performance Award , After Market Support : Rane Brake Lining Ltd
Volvo Eicher – Outstanding contribution for New Product Development : Rane NSK Steering Systems Pvt Ltd
Renault Nissan – Award for Component Exports : Rane TRW Steering Systems Ltd (Steering Gear Div.)
Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles Ltd – Award for New Product Development , Proprietary category : Rane NSK Steering Systems Ltd
Mahindra & Mahindra (AS & FES) – Sustainability Award : Rane Madras Ltd
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd – Superior performer in the field of Design & Development : Rane Madras Ltd
Tata Motors Ltd – Best Supplier award for Long-term partnership : Rane TRW Steering Systems Pvt Ltd (SGD)
Volvo Eicher – Award for Outstanding Contribution to Overall Cost Excellence : Rane NSK Steering Systems Pvt Ltd
Rane Pioneer of Change Award
Last date for receipt of application was 15th January 2018.The winner of Rane Pioneer of Change Award will be announced in March 2018.