- Founded in 1929; Headquartered in Chennai, India
- Serves a variety of industry segments: Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Farm Tractors, Two-wheelers,Three-wheelers, Railways and Stationary Engines
- Group Sales of INR 6,690 Cr (~ USD 820 mn)
- Most preferred OE manufacturer and supplier for global auto majors
- Manufactures Steering and Suspension systems, Friction materials, Valve train components, Occupant safety systems, Light metal casting products and provide Connected mobility solutions.
Rane Group partners with a wide spectrum of auto majors to provide concept to product solutions. This is made possible by well integrated design, manufacturing & testing facilities at each of the group companies.
With a vision to become technologically self sufficient, we are steadily increasing our R&D Investments – from 0.5% of sales in the past to 1.5 % in the future.
Being manufacturers of safety and critical components, technology development has been a focus area in all the Rane Group companies. Rigorous testing, continuous upgradation of inhouse technology and support from strategic development partners has enabled Rane to enhance technical competencies at all levels.
Leverage the technology portfolio of our 3 major partners – ZF, NSK and Nisshinbo.
Technologies developed in recent past – Hydrostatic Steering Unit, New generation pumps-drooping flow, Seat belts-Pre-tensioner & Child restraint, Tilt & Telescopic column with integrated collapse, NVH reduction and lower telescopic load and Electric Power Steering.
Rane group partners with a wide spectrum of auto majors to provide concept to product solutions. This is made possible by well integrated design, manufacturing & testing facilities at each of the group companies.
Modern Manufacturing Facilities
- Facilities consistently upgraded to meet technological advancements
- Integrated production lines for all group companies on par with world standards
Product Development & Testing Capabilities
- Significant portion of the group’s turnover invested in Research and Product Development
- Simulation techniques and exhaustive testing mechanisms implemented regarded as the industry standards
Total Quality Management (TQM) A Way Of Life
Rane Group companies adopted Total Quality Management (TQM) in the year 2000. TQM is the foundation for Operational excellence.
- All Seven Manufacturing Companies Are TS 16949 Certified.
- Rane Group Companies Are In Tune With International Quality Assurance Standards.
- Pursuit Of Excellence Is Through Implementation Of Total Quality Management (TQM) Practices.
- Rane Firmly Believes In,
- Customer Focus
- Process Orientation
- Continuous Improvements
- Systematic Approach To Identifying And Solving Chronic Problems Using Statistical Thinking
- Standard Operating Procedures, And
- Fact Based Decision Making
Benifits Of TQM Practices
- Holistic Participation Of Employees In All Processes
- Customer Focus
- Methodical Approach To Innovative Manufacturing And New Product Development
- Quality Stabilisation And Improvement
- Structured and focused implementation of short and long term plans
- Highly focused and motivated work force
At Rane group, pursuing excellence is a continuous journey. Conferment of Deming Prize for 5 companies and Deming Grand Prize – formerly known as Japan Quality Medal (JQM) for 3 companies is an embodiment of successful implementation of TQM practices.
- 2003 – Rane Brake Lining Ltd.
- 2005 – Rane Engine Valve Ltd.
- 2005 – ZF Rane Automotive India Pvt Ltd
- 2007 – Rane (Madras) Ltd.
- 2018 – Rane NSK Steering Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Deming Grand Prize
- 2011 – ZF Rane Automotive India Pvt Ltd
- 2012 – Rane (Madras) Ltd.
- 2013 – Rane Brake Lining Ltd.
Click below to download Rane Corporate Brochure and Rane History Book