Rane Foundation - CSR Initiatives
- Rane Group contributes to societal causes through Rane Foundation, a Public Charitable Trust founded in the year 1967, and is the main arm for Rane Group’s CSR initiatives
- Rane Foundation’s initiatives are focused on education, healthcare, environment and community development
- All plants involved in development activities in their neighbourhood
- Established Rane Polytechnic Technical Campus (RPTC) – A self financed Polytechnic College to empower students with Technical knowledge and Industry specific skills. Visit Rane Polytechnic Technical Campus (RPTC)
Active Environment Concern
- Twenty plants accredited to ISO 14001 certification
- The plant set standards higher than mandated by law to continuously reduce industrial waste and pollutants
- Rane Engine Valve Limited – Received Green Vendor Development Award (GVDP) 2011-12 from Hero Motocorp Ltd.
- Rane (Madras) Limited – Received Green Nurturing Program Award 2012 from Karnataka State Pollution Control Board
RANE PIONEER OF CHANGE AWARD
The Rane Pioneer of Change award was instituted as part of Shri L L Narayan (LLN) memorial initiatives during LLN’s centenary function held on 6th October 2017. The award was instituted by Rane Foundation to identify and bring into limelight the grass-root level organizations and individuals from Tamil Nadu, who have excelled as social change leaders in the field of Education – Capacity Building & Skill Development, Public Health and Community Development. The award comprised of a medallion and Rs. 10 Lakhs cash prize.
2017 AWARD WINNERS
V-EXCEL EDUCATIONAL TRUST
Rane Foundation, the CSR arm of Rane Group presented Rane Pioneer of Change Award to V-Excel Educational Trust (V-Excel). Started in 2001, V-Excel provides lifespan services for persons with special needs. V-Excel run a wide range of programs such as special schools, specialized therapies, remedial intervention, vocational training, teacher training, etc. With Chennai as the hub, it has 10 centres in 2 states and touched lives of 65,000 children since inception.