“To be a preferred solution provider of valve train components to the global Internal Combustion engine industry”
Founded In 1959
Market Leader In India
5 Manufacturing Locations
Deming Prize In 2005
ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 IATF 16949:2016, ISO 45001:2018
- Marine Application
- Battle Tanks
- Diesel Engine
- Automobile industry
- Incepted In 1959 to manufacture valves and valve train components for various engine applications.
- Cutting edge technology
- Latest manufacturing practices to keep abreast of technological advancements.
- Global excellence in product and process technologies.
- Preferred supplier to Domestic OEMs like HMCL, HMSI, Ashok Leyland, Daimler, John Deere, Hyundai, etc.
- Clientele spread across Europe, North America and the Far Eastern markets including the best-known brands such as Volkswagen, BMW, Deutz, Volvo, Progress Rail, MTU, and Yamaha.
- Light weight valves to meet changing emission norms and improved fuel efficiency
- Flat seat Valves for Heavy Duty Diesel Engine to withstand high peak firing pressure
- Higher case depth nitrided valves for improved fatigue and corrosion resistance
- Appropriate Seat Hard facing by PTA (Cobalt based, Nickel based, Iron based) – to cater to different thermal and corrosion loads in all types of engines.
- High nickel alloys (Inconel and Nimonic 80A) valves for Industrial, Locomotive and Marine – to withstand high creep requirements.
- State of the art welding technologies – TIG, PTA, Button, Friction for design and cost optimization.
- Fully automated chrome plating.
- End to end design & development of valves, guides and tappets
- Design team includes IC engine specialists, CAD and CAM application experts, software analysts
- CAD/CAE, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Pro-E, Ansys are used for new product development
- Up to date practices like QFD, design reviews and world acclaimed Japanese development methods implemented across facilities
- New product development process aligned to IATF 16949: 2016 norms
- State of the art test laboratory for:
- Material Characterization
- Simulated Test Rigs & Engine Dynamometer Test
- Continuous technology up gradation to keep pace with changing legislation(emission norms, fuel efficiency and market dynamics)
- Hollow valves
- PVD coatings
- Live temperature measurements
- Material hybridization
- Aggressive localization
5 plants manufacturing engine valves, valve guides, and tappets are located in Chennai (1), Hyderabad (2), Trichy (1) & Erstwhile Kar mobiles in Tumkur (1).
PONNERI (CHENNAI) PLANT
Small Valves for two wheelers , passenger cars & medium valves for tractors , passenger cars, guides & tappets
Medium valves for passenger cars, industrial, commercial vehicles & small valves for two-wheelers, passenger cars
Small & Medium valves for two wheelers , passenger cars and commercial vehicles
TUMAKURU (BENGALURU) PLANT
Medium valves for commercial vehicles, farm tractors, large & extra-large valves in industrial, power Generation & marine applications
Testing & Validation
Key Contact Person
- Venkat Raj SR
Rane Engine Valve Limited
Head Office, ESPEE IT Park 2nd Floor,
No. 5 (Np), Thiru-vi-ka-industrial Estate, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Ekkaduthangal, Guindy, Chennai 600 032
- Phone :+91-44-42978100